The FaststrikeTM tool is a 3-inch long ferrocerium high-energy sparking rod and a 3-inch hardened steel hacksaw blade weighing only 1 oz. This simple and compact spark producing system is more reliable than others, including flint-based lighters, because it has no mechanical parts and works when wet. The FaststrikeTMsystem is also flexible for multiple tasks. When not needed for striking the sparking rod, the hacksaw blade can be used for cutting various materials, including metals, and produces excellent sawdust for use as additional tinder material.
The FastfireTM tinder material, when contacted by a flame or just sparks, creates a sustained 1,300-degree flame in seconds. The FastfireTM cube is ideal tinder when trying to get a camp or survival fire going under any conditions. It produces a wind resistant flame that will ignite even when wet. A full cube will burn for 10-12 minutes. If cut into 8 pieces for extended use, each piece will burn for 2-3 minutes. The cubes are individually sealed in a heavy-duty foil laminate wrap for long term storage.
* All kits that contain fire starting materials must be shipped Ground Only
- 2 Fastfire cubes
- 1 Faststrike
- Size: Rod - 3 1/2" long, 1/4" diameter. Hacksaw Blade Striker 3" x 1/2"
- Weight: 1 oz.
- Rod and blade attached by 17" Type I nylon cord
- Good for 5,000 strikes
- Rod includes rubber grip
- Size: 1" x 1"
- Weight: 0.2 oz.
- Generates a sustained flame up to 1300°F
- Water resistant. Burns even when wet
- Smokeless and odorless
- Ignites easily from any spark or any flame
- Low flashpoint of 140°F
- Individually packaged in heavy-duty foil laminate for long shelf-life and durability.
- Left whole, one cube will burn vigorously for 10 - 12 minutes
- Divided into eight pieces, each piece will burn 2 - 3 minutes
- Once extinguished, Fastfire material cools to the touch within seconds